Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Cook-Your-Books #2

Cook-Your-Books is all about cooking or baking from your many cookbooks or magazines that you have collected over the years. If you love collecting cookbooks, read them like novels and trying out new recipes, then this is the perfect place to share. It's time to get those books (or magazines) out of the shelves, and start using them. Bake or cook anything from any of your books or magazines, and link your posts to Cook-Your-Books here at Kitchen Flavours. The linky will start on the 10th of every month right up to the end of the month. The submission with the most views will be featured at the next Cook-Your-Books.



 photo 77951578-1914-4b72-8eda-9e40a91183ac_zps331eb4b4.jpg

Thank you to all for sharing all the delicious yummies from your cookbooks!

Featured posts for this month
The three most viewed posts from Cook-Your-Books #1

Sri Lankan Tamarind Fish Curry by Lena from Frozen Wings
Lena says "It is fairly simple to cook this sri lankan tamarind curry. Start by frying the fenugreek, followed by the garlic and onions and just pour the rest of the ingredients to make the curry, simple right? Curry dishes endanger my waistline but such appetising dish, how to resist? how to stop?" 



Green Bean Chang by Kimmy from Cooking Pleasure
Kimmy says "substituting with 'Sushi' rice is a good choice  for those who love rice dumplings yet cannot eat glutinous rice."



(Low Fat) Cinnamon Coffee Cake by Zosia from Are You Cooking?
Zosia says "There's a time and place for butter and sour cream rich coffee cakes with multiple components and an over the top streusel, but I love this simple little cake with it's moist, soft crumb, caramel flavour and bold cinnamon sugar."



Thank you to everyone for sharing all the delicious yummies from your cookbooks!

It's now time to link-up!

A little note when submitting your post to Cook-Your-Books
  1. Linky for submissions will start on the 10th of every month right up to the end of the month. The submission with the most views will be featured at the next Cook-Your-Books.
  2. All submissions must be new and current posts, within the current month. Old posts will be deleted. Please link directly to your post, not your homepage.
  3. Please mention from which book or magazine you are cooking or baking from.
  4. Please mention Cook-Your-Books in your post and link it back to Kitchen FlavoursYou may display Cook-Your-Books badge anywhere in your post.
  5. Please leave a comment after you have linked.
  6. Optional, but it would be great if you could visit at least one link, everyone loves visitors.

Link-up with Cook-Your-Books #2 from 10th - 31st July 2013 !

26 comments:

  1. Hi Joyce Im linked to Cook your Books a new récipe! I will see your quesadillas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gee...where has all the time gone! It's July! and I am so behind time, forever chasing after it! So many recipes I wanted to try but never have the time to do it! Will try to post at least one post for this event, I promise!:P Quesadillas are my favorite go to meal whenever I have some tortillas at home, just cook more meat and throw the leftovers in, how fast is that:D Not to mention, delicious too and my boy loves it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Joyce,

    I have linked my Berry Crumble post for the event! Thanks for the nice event and I hope the readers will like it!

    Greetings from Germany,

    Yasemin from breadpassion.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't believe how much cooking and baking, I am doing, in the summer. It is really fun without the pressure of preparing for school. So far, I have shared a delicious smoothie from Ina garten.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Joyce,

    I'm really enjoying this event - it gives me incentive to use books I haven't cooked from yet.

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh, i forgot that the post with most views will get featured in your post. err...any prize? LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope I can join in the fun this month :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Joyce I added other récipe to Cook your books!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Joyce, i've just linked a ciabatta recipe by Peter Reinhart. Thank you for hosting the event.:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Joyce, I've added another link...chocolate cake this time.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Joyce, i've just linked a Chocolate chips cookies to cook your books 2. i hope i'm in right procedure. because my english is not that good. i roughly understand. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Again i have linked a Rum Raisins pie

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Joyce, time flies already another month and CYB 2 now. I'll be linking several new recipes here. Glad that one of my last month's post is most viewed.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Joyce, I just linked up my Hor Fun dish :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Joyce, I'm sharing Ottolenghi's Roasted Cauliflower & Almond Salad - it's a keeper.

    Thanks for hosting.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Joyce, I'm here to support and posted my Durian Crepes. So must have the most commenters lar right? Ganbatte everyone!

    Wish the rest here will like my Durian crepes.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Joyce with this event, I'll get use more of the cooking books and magazine... Thanks again. Although we have many recipes from online and blogs. I love buying books and magazine too.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Joyce, this is my 1st entry for Cook-Your-Cooks#2, thanks for organising this!

    ReplyDelete
  19. ivy sew http://simplybeautifulhealthyliving.blogspot.comTuesday, July 23, 2013

    Hi Joyce, just linked my post to the above. Have a nice day :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. ivy sew http://simplybeautifulhealthyliving.blogspot.comWednesday, July 24, 2013

    Joyce, just linked my 2nd post to the above. Hope all of you like it :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. I finally got here. For a month, I planned to link up but never did so I hope, I have redeemed myself. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Joyce, I've just attached my 2nd entry. In the future, I won't leave the message here but just simply upload my picture here, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Joyce I add my link of a post I made just now!x

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi Joyce, just submitted my 2nd CYB entry - post #69

    ReplyDelete
  25. Joyce, another link to the above :) Hope you all like it.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Cooking is a wonderful hobby. You have a great page and I loved browsing through it with all the tips and sharing of the followers. I cannot wait to know how to cook all these foods. All of them look delightful not only to stomach but it will warm a heart. I am looking forward to cook such as these for my family.


    http://online-phd-uk.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete