Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Quesadillas

I like watching the show Take Home Chef featuring Curtis Stone. If he ever offered me to take him home, I would probably faint first, then I'll be too excited to gobble down whatever he has cooked! LOL! The book, "Relaxed Cooking with Curtis Stone" has been on my bookshelf for a couple of years and this is the second recipe that I have tried so far. After a three-month rest, Cook Like A Star is back in action, with this month's featured chef, Curtis Stone.

Cook Like A Star is a blog-hop event that features a different chef for each participating months. To know more about Cook Like A Star and how to join in, drop by Bake For Happy Kids for more details.


Made these Quesadillas for one of our afternoon lunch. I had some leftover roasted chicken breast meat, and use them for these yummy Quesadillas. The original recipe uses some barbecue sauce, and since I do not have any in my pantry, I decided to use Thousand Island dressing instead, and it works out great.


I made these Quesadillas using wholewheat tortillas. Fill up half the tortilla with the filling of leftover roasted chicken breast which was coarsely shredded, some Thousand Island sauce, chopped corianders and scatter the top with shredded Mozzarella cheese. Fold the other half over to cover and cook on heated griddle pan or saucepan for about 3-4 minutes each side until the tortillas are crisp and the cheese melts.

-
Slice into wedges to serve. Yum! You can hear the crackling crisp of the tortillas when you cut into it.


A simple and delicious lunch. Just fill with any of your favourite filling and sauce and you would have a very nice meal.


The kids favourite, oozing melting cheese!



This post is linked to Cook Like A Star, where this month's featured chef is Curtis Stone, an event organized by my baking buddy, Zoe from Bake For Happy Kids together with co-hosts, Baby Sumo from Eat Your Heart Out and Grace from Life Can Be Simple.

and I'm sharing this post with :




 photo 77951578-1914-4b72-8eda-9e40a91183ac_zps331eb4b4.jpg


Quesadillas
(adapted from "Relaxed Cooking with Curtis Stone", by Curtis Stone)
Serves 4
Four 10-inch-diameter flour tortillas
2 cups (about 8 ounces) coarsely shredded roasted chicken
2 cups (about 6 ounces) grated Monterey Jack cheese
1/2 cup coarsely chopped fresh cilantro
1 jalapeno, finely chopped
salt
1/4 cup barbecue sauce

Preheat the oven to 250F.

Arrange the tortillas on a work surface. Divide the chicken, cheese, cilantro, and jalapeno among the tortillas, scattering the ingredients over half of each tortilla. Sprinkle with salt and drizzle a tablespoon of barbecue sauce over each. Fold the uncovered half of each tortilla over the filling to form a half-moon shape.

Heat a large flat griddle pan over medium heat. Place 2 quesadillas on the griddle. Cook for about 3 minutes on each side, or until the tortillas are crisp and golden and the cheese has melted. Transfer the quesadillas to a baking sheet and keep them warm in the oven. Repeat with the remaining 2 quesadillas. Cut the quesadillas into wedges and serve.

#60/100

get the InLinkz code

19 comments:

  1. Joyce, this looks delish for lunch :) I swear I heard the crackling crisp sounds of the quesadillas ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is my favourite thing at a Mexican restaurant! Love that cheese oozing out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Joyce, your quesadillas look so delicious! I am going to try some once my diet is over :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your quesadillas! They look so yum, Joyce.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Soo cheesy and droolworthy quesadillas.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Joyce
    Thank you, thank you , you made our day and dinner ... so eaasy , quick and yummy and also healthy ..thank you for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ha ha ha! You are so funny, Joyce! I wonder too what will happen to me if Curtis cooks for me in my house. Dream on...

    If he makes these cheesy quesadillas for me, I will be shocked for a while and eat all of these with lots of smile... Sounds like a hua tze (crazy woman), isn't it?

    Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your quesadillas look terrific!!! And I'd much rather have your Thousand Isle dressing over BBQ sauce...so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your quesadillas look delicious! Love the combination of the oozing cheese and chicken!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Quesadillas are so delicious. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hehe Joyce, I think if any of us can bring Curtis Stone home, we will faint lah! I will just stand there and drool while he cooks.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I need to make quesadillas more often! love those cheesy insides.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Joyce , if you can cook quesadillas just like that , who needs Curtis Stone ?! Let me take him home instead lol

    ReplyDelete
  14. i dont want curtis stone, i just want your quesadillas..i'm happier to eat your quesadillas , curtis stone..leave it for anne :D

    ReplyDelete
  15. Both will do nicely for me!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Simple and delicious. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  17. There is nothing better than a cheesy quesadilla! Delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love quesadillas and these look delicious Joyce!!

    ReplyDelete